Mother's Day Card


This beautiful card is definitely not my normal style of card.  To start with, I chose a different size than I usually make.  Normally, I wouldn't run my distress tool around this type of card, but I decided to just go for it and lightly distressed around ALL the layers on the outside of the card with my Tim Holtz Distress Tool.  Here's what you need:

Paper Trey Ink Vintage Cream cardstock - cut 11" X 5 1/2" + a piece to die cut "Mother"
Dark Blue paper - cut at 5 1/4" X 5 1/4" + a 2" X 4" piece (from my stash)
Tradewinds matstack - 2 coordinating pieces 5" wide
- the light piece was 4 1/2" high and I believe the dark piece was 2" high
Offray ribbon
Prima flowers
Blue misting spray
Cricut "Heritage" cartridge

I used some of the scraps from the Tradewinds matstack to finish off the inside of the card.  For more information, please see the video.


I am linking this to the following Challenges:


Comments

CRAZY4 CHRIST said…
Very pretty!! I love the patterened paper and those flowers are gorgeous!!
Kristan
AmyJRockstar said…
Oooooh, this is lovely!!! I love your design, colors and the great details (basically everything)! ;) So happy you joined us at FCCB. Thrilled to be a new follower and can't wait to see what you come up with next. You really did an amazing job!


XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB DT member & New follower)
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
Cathy Lee said…
Lovely card, Cheri. Awesome DPs and love your flowers. Nice distressing; I think it gives the card a vintage look. Thanks for sharing it with us at Craft Your Passion Challenges.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee
Lisa said…
This is so elegant and beautiful, Cheri!! I love the gorgeous flowers :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Cindy Beland said…
WOW BEAUTIFUL Mother's day card!I LOVE the flowers,Thank you for joining us over at FCCB this week!:)
scrapqueen141 said…
Beautiful card, great job! Thank you for joining us at FCCB this week!
http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/
Cely said…
Love your project! So fun and pretty. The background paper just screams mother's day with all the flowers and gold embossing. Thanks for playing with us this week at Craft Your Passion Challenges!
~Cely (hawaiipaperparty.blogspot.com)
CYP May Guest Designer
Sarah said…
Sweet card, love your colours and layout, thanks for joining us at CYP, hugs, Sarah x
Beautiful card with gorgeous, elegant colors and patterns! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at FCCB!
Holly Young said…
what a stunning card! I just love those flowers!

Thanks for joining us at PTT this week!

Holly PTT DT

Popular posts from this blog

Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop

Christmas Inspirations Blog Hop - Christmas Journal 2012

Monster Mash Blog Hop